On-Demand Workshop – Infrastructure as Code
During this short and on-demand hands-on workshop, we will teach you what Infrastructure as Code really means and apply this by deploying an application on Google Cloud using Terraform.
Terraform allows you to define your infrastructure as code (IaC), making it easy to manage and reproduce your IT environments.
Fill in the form to get immediate access to the workshop.
What You Will Learn
- An understanding of infrastructure as code and what you will gain by using it.
- How to apply this knowledge by deploying infrastructure using Terraform. During this workshop, we’ll go over the basics of using Terraform and keep iterating until we have a deployed application on GCP.
Your result will be having learned how to deploy a containerized application on Google Cloud Run by writing Infrastructure as Code using Terraform.
For Who Is This Workshop
This workshop is aimed at people who have little to no experience using Terraform or Infrastructure as Code (IaC). You can follow this workshop by just watching, but you will learn the most if you follow us and code along on your machine.
What Subjects Are Covered in This Workshop?
We’ll cover the following subjects during this workshop:
- Infrastructure as Code explained
- Terraform introduction: basics, providers, HCL, planning, and applying,
- Google Cloud Run (briefly)
Niels van Doorn
Niels is a Cloud Consultant experienced in Google Cloud with previous experience as a Software Developer. His main goal is to empower individuals and businesses by letting the cloud “do the heavy lifting” and keeping IT solutions simple.
Senior Consultant with a history of working in the information technology and services industry. Skilled in Cloud Platforms (AWS/GCP), Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, ECS, Swarm), IoT, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment practices. Information technology professional with a Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.Sc.) in Computer Science.